Terms and Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS
- BOOKINGS & FEES are accepted on the understanding that all these terms & conditions are observed. The proprietors shall not be liable to any persons visiting the site for any personal injury, damage to property etc., howsoever caused. Greendale is exclusively for OVER 18’S INCUDING VISITORS AT ALL TIMES.
- ARRIVAL is strictly BETWEEN 1.30pm – 5pm (4pm in winter) unless negotiated otherwise. We ask people not to arrive before this time because, as a small site, we simply have nowhere to put you. This also allows a window for pitch maintenance. NO LATE ARRIVALS!
- DEPARTURE: by 12noon on all days please. We may not rush you off if no one is following onto your pitch or coming onto site when you wish to leave but please check first if you wish to stay later!
- PITCHING: We do show you to your pitch but for your information you must be 6 metres (20ft) away from any other unit; the only exception being tents that are together. Only 1 car per pitch. Please avoid the grass during the winter.
- VISITORS: must be over 18, booked in advance & report to reception on arrival. Please ensure that your visitors park outside (tucked into the hedge & not blocking caravan exit / entry) unless arranged otherwise. A contribution to our charity, is appreciated. All visitors must have left before 9pm. Being a small site we cannot cope with more visitors than campers & at times may have to limit numbers.
- EXTRA ADULTS: Parties exceeding 2 must be requested at the time of booking. We cannot guarantee accepting extra adults at a later date. We need to ensure that our numbers are not too high for the best use of the facilities. There is a maximum of 4 people on one pitch. Parking as above.
- SMOKING: Greendale is now 100% NON-SMOKING both on the site and at our entrance. If you are a smoker, please contact us BEFORE continuing with a booking.
- DOGS: are only accepted if it is well trained inoculated. A 2nd dog or any other pet must be negotiated in advance. Your dog must be kept on a short lead at all times & exercised off site to avoid unsightly brown patches. Aggressive or yappy dogs really don’t fit in here. We may discuss this you before booking. Please don’t be offended. Dogs may NOT be left unattended in ‘vans, unless a specific agreement is made with the owners / wardens. If your dog won’t upset anybody else on site, then it is welcome but if it is likely to yap or growl at other guests or their dogs, then Greendale is not the right site. 2 dogs are the usual maximum. Roaming cats are never permitted.
- BALLS GAMES: A small game of pétanque / boules, away from caravans, when conditions allow is all we can accommodate.
- Please respect the QUIET nature of the site: Greendale is a quiet site, so please do not have music or TV that your neighbours can hear! We prefer not to have rules about times to be quiet at night but ask you to use your common sense and show respect for others who may retire earlier than you. This is exactly the same in the morning as your neighbour may get up later than you. Do check & remember voices travel more at night, especially from awnings and open windows
- SWIMMING POOL. Please note that there are no lifeguards. Sign-in BEFORE using the pool See the swimming sheet.
- COMMERCIAL VEHICLES are generally not accepted, but we’re happy to discuss, especially in quieter periods.
- GROUPS of more than 2 couples (booked together or separately) are not taken (to maintain the quiet & inclusive ethos).
- AIR CONDITIONING units may only be used by negotiation, as they are heavy users of electricity.
- Help us maintain an attractive, natural site by the following:
- Groundsheets may be used on hard standing but if they overlap the grass, they must be a breathable fabric & lifted as req.
- BBQs & outdoor cooking are part of camping but please ensure that NOTHING hot is placed on the grass, use a shield.
- Washing lines should be discreet, so that your smalls do not block your neighbour’s view of the countryside!
- Windbreaks may be used around cooking facilities or for providing a small privacy area around a tent entrance but no large barriers please as these can appear exclusive.
- Gas bottles should not be on display outside caravans, except for cooking.
- On-board water: Please – No emptying any on-board water tank onto the pitch before leaving. It is not fair for the next user.
- Speed Limit: 5 mph speed limit on-site.
- Summer excess electricity above 10kWh per pitch per day is chargeable at the cost to us. In winter (October – April incl.), pitch electricity use is chargeable to enable a reduced pitch price.
- We reserve the right to refuse admission to anyone, whether booked or not. The owners or wardens also reserve the right to demand anyone who causes an unnecessary nuisance or, in the owner’s / warden’s opinion, disrupts the site character, to leave instantly without refund.
Now in our 23rd season, this has only happened once & we really hope & expect that there will never be a need to implement it again.
BOOKING & CANCELLATION POLICY:
As a small site we have to maximise bookings to remain viable. Over-booking of weekend pitches leaves us with unused weekday pitches. Consequently, we have had to adopt a more cost-effective booking procedure.
WEEKENDS: From May to September we don’t usually take weekend bookings of less than 4 nights, unless we can add you to the end of an existing booking. We will be happy to take your details and contact you straight away when/if a gap appears. From October to April, short weekend bookings are welcome. BANK HOLIDAYS: priority is given to bookings of a minimum of 5 days.
A non-refundable, non-transferable deposit of £25 per week or part week is required to secure a booking. The balance is due 1 month before your visit between April to September (or on arrival in winter). Payment preferred by cash or debit card.
Cancellations: If we have to cancel your booking, for any reason, we will, of course, refund you in full. Cancellations, and particularly late cancellations, are very difficult to deal with on a small site. If you cancel, all payments are non-refundable. If we can fill your vacancy then we may be able to offer you alternative dates. Please contact us for more information, or if you are at all unsure of any of these terms and conditions.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01664 474516 / 07739 174449 between 9am & 5pm (summer), 10am & 4pm (winter).